SIMSBURY FLY-IN AND CAR SHOW
Welcome to the largest event of its kind in the Northeastern USA……the 31st Annual Simsbury Fly-In and Car Show! This website is a recap of our 2016 show, held on Sunday, September 25 from 8 AM to 3 PM. at Simsbury Airport in Central Connecticut. We'll update this site for 2017 when planning is completed.
We featured 750+ great airplanes and cars of virtually every type and vintage, in a country fair setting, with almost 150 activities, exhibitors, sponsors and advertisers to interest the entire family. Check out our schedule of events, info for our many participants, directions, parking, and contacts.
The photos on the margins are courtesy of Phil Worley, and the Simsbury Camera Club. There's a great story and photos about our event at http://photorecon.net/simsbury-airport-opens-its-doors/, and video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdpuECOUrks&feature=youtu.be courtesy of Kurt Grashaw. For some wonderful photos of our show by the Hartford Courant, click here.
Here's our lineup of our 2016 activities.
- The United Flying Octogenarians - Flyers age 80+ with adventure stories to tell
- Dan Amarante Weather Seminar - Come meet your favorite meteorologist
- Aerial Banner Tow Pickup and Dropoff
- The "Wirecats" robot demonstration team
- Radio Control Model Airplane Aerobatic Demonstration
- Yankee Clippers Formation Flying Team
- AT-6 World War 2 Training Plane Rides
- Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome Aircraft
- LifeStar Medivac Helicopter on display - Come meet the crew
- Live Music
- Ben and Jerry's and many other specialty food vendors
- New Cars and Airplanes on display by their dealers
- Kids' activities - Kiddeland, face painting, and more
Our venue is Simsbury Airport, where you can see our airplanes and cars up close and talk with their proud owners. Our airplanes range from antiques dating back to the 1920's, to homebuilts, helicopters, small former military aircraft, and brand new models on display by dealers. The Car Show portion of our event features old autos, brand new exotic vehicles, hot rods, muscle cars, ex-military vehicles, and new cars of almost every make. Airplane and car owners are urged to display their vehicles for judging, and we award trophies in many categories. Pets on leashes are welcome, and we even provide a watering station.
There is no entry fee, but your donation is appreciated. Nearby parking is available at $10, with proceeds helping to benefit the Boy Scouts. Handicapped parking and restrooms are available.
We are the Simsbury Flying Club, and proceeds from this event help keep our airport in operation. As a non-profit, all-volunteer group, we receive no funding from any governmental agency. Special thanks to the Drakeville and Torringford Vol. Fire Depts. for coordinating our Car Show, to Chapter 324 of the Experimental Aircraft Association, and to our many Event Sponsors.
If your business would like to sponsor, advertise, or exhibit in 2017, please contact Bill Thomas for info (860-693-4550 or firstname.lastname@example.org)