SIMSBURY FLY-IN AND CAR SHOW
Welcome to the largest event of its kind in the Northeastern USA! Our 2017 show date is Sept. 17 at Simsbury Airport in Connecticut.
We are like a special kind of country fair, focused on displays of 750+ great airplanes and cars of virtually every type and vintage, with 150 exhibitors, sponsors and advertisers to interest the entire family. Click on links to the left of this page to explore the wide range of activities at our show.
The photos on the margins are courtesy of Phil Worley, and the Simsbury Camera Club. There's a great story and photos about our event at http://photorecon.net/simsbury-airport-opens-its-doors/, and video at courtesy of Kurt Grashaw. For some wonderful photos by the Hartford Courant, click here.
Here's a sample of our planned 2017 activities, with even more to come:
- World War II B-17 Bomber Flyover
- Flying Tigers artifacts and seminar by New England Air Museum
- Gyrocopter demonstration flight
- Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome mini-air show - World War 1 aircraft
- Airplane Rides: AT6 World War 2 Trainer, and Waco Biplane
- Aerial Banner Tow Pickup and Drop-off demonstration
- Radio Control Model Airplane Aerobatics
- Yankee Clippers Formation Flying Team
- LifeStar Medivac Helicopter on display - Come meet the crew
- Powered Parachute demonstration (winds permitting)
- The United Flying Octogenarians gathering - (Pilots age 80+)
- Live Music
- Ben and Jerry's and many other specialty food vendors
- New Cars and Airplanes on display by their dealers
- Kids' activities - Kiddeland, face painting, and more
We feature hundreds of airplanes and cars you can see up close and talk with their proud owners. Our airplanes range from antiques dating back to the 1920's, to homebuilts, helicopters, small former military aircraft, and brand new models on display by dealers. The Car Show portion of our event features old autos, brand new exotic vehicles, hot rods, muscle cars, ex-military vehicles, and new cars of almost every make. Airplane and car owners are urged to display their vehicles for judging, and we award trophies in many categories. Pets on leashes are welcome, and we even provide a watering station. Handicapped parking and restrooms are available.
There is no entry fee, but your donation is appreciated. Nearby parking is available at $10, with proceeds helping to benefit the Boy Scouts.
We are the Simsbury Flying Club, and proceeds from this event help keep our airport in operation. As a non-profit, all-volunteer group, we receive no funding from any governmental agency. Special thanks to the Drakeville and Torringford Vol. Fire Depts. for coordinating our Car Show, to Chapter 324 of the Experimental Aircraft Association, and to our many Event Sponsors.
If your business would like to sponsor, advertise, or exhibit in 2017, please contact Bill Thomas for info (860-693-4550 or firstname.lastname@example.org)